Thursday, October 10, 2013

78. Roasted Brinjal Thalipith

Final Outcome: Good.

        My Grandma made these thalipith a very long time ago.I had forgotten all about them until my friend mentioned these. I made them for breakfast. It was a good change from regular recipes.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Jowar flour: 2 cups
Brinjal: Roasted, peeled and mashed, 2
Onion : 1/2 finely chopped
Goda masala: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
(I also added last nights leftover aamti(sambar))

Method:
1. Mix Jowar flour, roasted brinjal , masala, chili powder and salt with a little water. Kneed the dough.
2. Make small balls and pat them on a tava to form a thick roti like shape.
3. Keep on medium heat. Cook covered. Turn it over after a few mins.Add a little oil on tava if required.
4. Take off heat and serve with butter &/or chutney. Pat new thalipith only after tava cools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments