Monday, January 13, 2014

Simple Vanilla Cake with Choco Chips

 
     I bought a convection microwave oven in November during Diwali celebrations. I had been toying with the idea of switching over to a convection microwave for about two years. I researched online, asked people for feedback, and visited electronic stores several times but was hesitant to purchase it. Most people who owned it suggested not to buy it since they had not used the oven mode even once and it simply served as a microwave. My sis in law who bakes amazing cakes gave me a good review about convection microwave. So finally I bought it and I must say it was a good decision. 
        This was my first cake. It is a simple recipe shared by a friend and improvised by my sis in law. It turned out well. I did not have a egg beater and had to buy one before starting this cake. So one can imagine how much baking I have done in my entire life:-)

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Eggs: 3
Sugar: 1 cup
Fresh Cream(Amul): 1/2 cup
Maida/ Flour: 2 cups
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Choco chips: Bournville Dark chocolate chopped up
Vanilla Essence: 1 tsp
Almonds: 6-7 chopped

Method:
1. Sift together Flour/Maida and baking soda and set aside
2. Beat together eggs for about 2 mins.Add sugar and mix till it dissolves. Add Fresh cream and beat till the mixture is fluffy.Add vanilla essence.
3. Slowly add Flour from step 1 to egg mixture. Mix it lightly.
4. Dust choco chips and almond pieces with flour so that they don't sink while baking.
5. Apply butter to the baking try and dust with flour.
6. Pre heat oven at 180 Celsius.
7. Bake for about 30 mins. (My pan is tall and black hence it takes almost 45 mins). Insert a knife into the cake. If it comes out clean then the cake is baked.


2 comments:

  1. I was about to check your blog and saw entry for this cake on fb. Cake looks fluffy and yum! The plate looks good too ;)
    and I see that you have added labels to the posts, good idea. I have been thinking of doing this, should find time to do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good & simple. Plate accentuates the cake:-). I have been adding lables since the beginning. It helps in drawing audience from search engines. Try to add them to your posts.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments