Wednesday, January 16, 2013

13. Canapes Chat

Source: Self 
Final Outcome: Very good


    I am not a big fan of chats. Most people will be surprised to know that I try to avoid pani poori's, sev poori and have tasted bhel just a couple of times. Taste of chat is not a deal breaker but the ingredients scream 'unhygenic' to me, just like non veg food screams 'dead animals'. (I have not mentioned in my previous posts: I will be cooking only Vegetarian food, actually eggetarian :-))

Unhygienic or not, since my resolution is about experimenting (and also I need 200 recipes:-) ), I decided to make canapes chat. I prepared it very similar to SPDP (sev batata dahi poori). My parents and my aaji loved it! 

Recipe: 
1. Tamarind Chutney: Tamarind juice, Jaggery, Cumin Powder, a small piece of cinnamon, Red chilli powder, a pinch of salt.
Mix all the ingredients  and bring it to a boil.
2. Pudina(Mint) Chutney: Pudina leaves(one small bunch), Coriander leaves (one small bunch), 1 garlic, 1 green chili, little lemon juice and salt to taste.
Grind all the above ingredients.
3. Other Ingredients:
    Yogurt
    2 onions finely chopped
    2 tomatoes finely chopped
    5-7 potatoes boiled, pealed and mashed
    Sev 
    Canapes

Place canapes in a plate. Put a spoon of potatoes, onion, tomatoes, tamarind chutney, Mint chutney, 1/2 spoon yogurt and a spoon of sev on each.
Canapes chat is ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments