Monday, December 17, 2012

3 & 4. Makai Palak & Zucchini and Feta Cheese Fritters

3. Makai Palak

    Source: Sanjeev Kapoor (book)
    Final Outcome: very good
I cook a curry very similar to this. It contains beans, carrot, matar and corn in addition to pureed palak. This recipe contains just corn and palak and some onion. Relatively simple dish. Great for any fan of North Indian food.

4. Zucchini and Feta Cheese Fritters 


    Source: Zucchini-Patties-With-Feta-Epicurious
    Final Outcome: very good
I can dedicate an entire post to this recipe. After an online search and a nice recipe in mind I began shopping. I bought a very expensive pack of feta cheese. But after going back home I realized the recipe required Ricotta cheese!!! This very much explains why I am not a chef. I cannot even remember  the ingredients:-). So again I looked up on the net for feta cheese recipes and made these.
I made these fritters for breakfast.  They are definitely not for the diet conscious. It contains a lot of cheese and a lot of oil goes into shallow frying them. So my final verdict is: I liked them but may not make them again (at least not for another year).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments