Thursday, September 26, 2013

76. Alu chi Patal Bhaji (Colocasia leaves curry)

Final Outcome: Very tasty!

        I have done the most idiotic thing a blogger can do. Let me back up a little.... Today morning I cooked a new breakfast dish. I had to take a pic so I reached for my hubby's phone (it has good camera, my phone's camera does not work). But his memory card was full. None of the pics from his phone have been copied so I picked up our DSLR camera. For the second time I had to read the message that the memory card was full. In a rush to take a picture, gobble up my dish and wake other occupants of our house, I deleted 5-6 of the previous photos.... and alas Alu Bhaji was one of the photo that made space in my memory card:-(. Sadly Alu is not easily available. I don't know when I will be cooking it next.
This post is dedicated in sweet memory of lost pictures....

Recipe:
Alu: 2 bunches of leaves and stems. washed, stems peeled and chopped and leaves chopped.
Chana Dal: 1 tbsp soaked for 30 mins
Rice: 1/2 tbsp washed and soaked
Tamarind juice: 1 tbsp
Jaggery: 1 tbsp
Besan: 1 tbsp mixed with half cup of water.
Green chili: 1 cut into half
Salt to taste

For seasoning:
Oil
Mustard seeds: 1 pinch
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Red chili: 1

Method:
1. Pressure cook Alu, Chana dal and rice with about a cup of water.
2. After the pressure releases, pour the cooked mixture into a pan. Add Tamarind juice, Jaggery and green chili. Bring it ti a boil. Now add Besan mixture and salt. mix well and cook for about 5 mins.
3. For seasoning: heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once they splutter add Asafoetida and red chili. Pour hot seasoning over the bhaji. 
4. Take bhaji off heat. and serve hot.
Hey Ifound this photo after 2 weeks!!! Hence updating my post with this pic now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments