Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013...

        About 10 years ago during a management training program we were asked :"what would be the one thing you would like to do during your lifetime".
"Gain as much knowledge as possible" I answered.
Since then I got married, changed cities, changed jobs, started a family but my answer to that question will still be the same. I like to learn new things and love new experiences.

        I began cooking in 2006. Initial years were about basic everyday cooking and getting the ingredients right. The next couple of years I was busy with my new job and later a baby.  In December 2012 I was a little confident that I could dedicate some time at trying something new. That is when I came up with this resolution of 200 recipes in 365 days.  This resolution was in part a chance to learn new recipes and in part a fun experience. Although I could try just 100 recipes during the year, it has been the most fun resolution. During the year not only did I learn recipes from different cuisines but also learnt  a few tricks:-). Most loved recipes in my family are: Carrot dosa, Avial, Mango Ice cream, Majjige huli and buttermilk spinach pasta.
Although the year has ended I will continue to cook new recipes and also continue blogging.

Looking back....

Moving ahead: Ta started school mid year. 
Purchases: I bought a new convection microwave in November and already baked 5 cakes:-)
                  Both 'N' and me switched over to smart phones.
Gain: Weight (after all it was a cooking resolution:-))
 Setbacks: Had a few minor accidents and a few set backs.
Goodbye 2013 you have been nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments