Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tomato Rice with Soya nuggets

     
        
        Yay! New Year, New post. Since my resolution has ended with 2013 I am discontinuing numbering of my recipes. Also I will be discontinuing 'Final Outcome' since from now on I will be posting only the recipes which turned out good. About 10 recipes which will follow were prepared in 2013 but never made it to this space due to lack of time. This year I want to dedicate more time towards this blog. It will contain a lot more chatter, a lot more thoughts and may be a peek into my everyday life.
        This recipe is from a TV show which was shared by a friend. I made this for the 1st time sometime in November. It was so loved that I have made it several times since then.
Source: tomato rice

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Cooked Rice: 3 cups (I used brown rice)
Tomatoes: 2 chopped
Soya nuggets: Soaked in Boiling water with salt for 10-15 mins
Garlic cloves: 4-5 finely chopped
Onion: 1 chopped
Matar/Peas: 1 cup
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Pavbhaji masala: 3-4 tsp
Amchur powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish.
Salt to taste
Oil: 1 tbsp

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and garlic and saute till fragrant. Add onion and cook till onion is soft.
2. Add Tomato and Matar/peas. Add a little water. Cook till they are done.
3. Add Pavbhaji masala, amchur powder, red chili powder, soya nuggets and salt. Mix well.
4. Add cooked rice and about 2 tbsp of water and mix well.Cover and cook till water evaporates. Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments