Tuesday, January 29, 2013

18. Gooseberry Pickle

Source:Aai
Final Outcome: Good. But not as tasty as my mom's

        One of my previous recipes using gooseberry (or Amla/Awla) was Moravla. This time I tried making a pickle. It is a very simple recipe using pickle masala. My pickle did not turn out as good as my mom's.
Recipe:
1. Grate gooseberries
2. Add Pickle masala (Praveen/ Kepra or any available masala), salt.
3. Prepare seasoning: Oil, mustard, little hing and little turmeric
4. Add seasoning to grated gooseberries after the seasoning has completely cooled down.

        I have observed (& may be its true for everyone) that I try very hard at achieving something and most of the times I don't get it, then I give up hope and it miraculously happens. Right now I am hoping for a lot of things so I am trying to be hopeless ...well at least on the outside:-).  Hence signing off hopefully hopeless ... or is it hopelessly hopeful.....okay now I am confused!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments