Friday, January 25, 2013

16. Pongal


Source:  khara-pongal-recipe
Final Outcome: Good but I think it missed the authentic taste. So will try it again sometime.

        Pongal is one of my favourite Tamilian breakfast food. Wanted to make it for many years, finally managed to prepare it now. It was good but the 'wow' taste that I remember was missing. Will try it again.
Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup rice
3/4th cup moong Dal
Salt
Curry leaves 1 bunch
12-14 Black Pepper
1 inch Ginger
Cumin seeds 1/4th spoon
Ghee 3-4 table spoon

Method: 1.Wash Rice and Moong Dal and keep them soaked for about 2 hours.
2.Drain the water and fry Rice and Moong Dal until they are hot.
3.Pressure cook the rice and moong dal mixture with 5-6 cups of water.
4. Mash the mixture once it is taken out of cooker. Add  salt
5. Prepare seasoning of Ghee, Cumin, Ginger, Black Pepper and Curry leaves.
6.  Add hot seasoning to the mixture and bring it to a boil.
 



I am starting a new section called "Fundas". This is for my own reading few years later. Read at your own risk :-).
I thought of noting down my thoughts while cooking and on the day of updating the blog. I hope I am not given a name like " Cooker(chef) Mata" if I ever become a spiritual advisor.
Today's funda: Never follow a spiritual advisor rather start your own cult, Its more profitable :-).Cant stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments