Thursday, March 7, 2013

31. Idly Upma (modern version)

Source: My mom and upgraded by my husband
Final Outcome: Good

        This is 1st part of 2 posts relating to use of left over idly. It was a well planned leftover :-) . I wanted to try this dish so I made extra idlies yesterday night. Stored them in refrigerator and made 2 dishes using them. This is the first dish. Giving it a modern twist was my husband's idea.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Idlies: 8-10 (idly is prepared by soaking 1 cup urad dal, 2 cups idly rava and a     tbsp poha over night. Grinding it into fine batter. Allow it to ferment for 5-6 hrs)
Onion chopped: 1/2
Tomato chopped: 1
Capsicum chopped : 1/2
Ginger-Garlic paste: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric: a pinch
Soy sauce: 1 tsp
Oil
Salt
Tomato Ketchup as per taste

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pan add onion and fry. Add tomato, Capsicum, ginger garlic paste. Do not over cook it.
2. Add turmeric and continue to cook for a minute.
3. Add idlies (chopped into medium size pieces).
4. Add salt, Soy sauce and tomato ketchup and take it of heat and serve.

        Updates: I am still limping from my fall. My husband worked on this new look my blog is sporting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments