Saturday, March 23, 2013

38. Corn & Palak Pulao

Final Outcome: Good
        
        This is a very common pulao but I had never made it. There are so many such recipes (eg. Chole Bhature) which I have never cooked before. Chole Bhature is on my list, plan to make it as one of my 200 recipes.

Recipe for Corn & Palak Pulao:
Ingredients
Basmati Rice: 1cup
Palak Puree: about 4 tbsp(1 small bunch)
Corn Kernels: 1/2 cup
Cumin: 1 tsp
Black Pepper: 4-5
Bay leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1/2 inch
Cloves:2
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Ghee:1/2 tbsp
Oil 1/2 tbsp
Salt to Taste

Method:
1. Wash Rice and keep aside. Heat Oil and ghee in a pan. Add cumin, black pepper, Bay leaf, Cinnamon, and Cloves. After they turn fragrant add ginger-garlic paste and fry for about a min.
2. Add washed rice and Palak puree. Mix well. Add Corn kernels.
3. Add Garam masala, salt . Add 1.5 cups of water (water is adjusted as we have added palak puree).
4. Cook 2 whistles and serve hot.


        I am losing momentum now. Initially sometimes I tried new recipes back to back, but now its been a week since this pulao that I have tried anything new. I need some recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments