Wednesday, March 13, 2013

34. Crunchy Peanut Butter & Bhindi Masala

Source: Online searches
Final Outcome: Nice!

        Normally I do not write a lengthy monologue. However this post is going to be an exception. The reason as to why I do not write lengthy monologues is given at the end of this post.
        Okay getting back to the confusing title, they are 2 separate recipes but I am counting it as one. I made Bhindi Masala 2 days ago, but did not post it as my family did not consider this recipe a very innovative and worthy of recognition. I have SPOILT my family!!!. Now to appear on this blog the recipe has to be very good, innovative, tasty etc. Hence nobody (read my husband) bothered to take a picture of the Bhindi:-). 
        I began cooking  about 6 years ago (I was lucky that my mom never pushed me into kitchen and allowed me to concentrate on education. I began cooking only after I was married). Had I made this 6 years back it would have been a favourite. Nevertheless it is a new recipe that I tried. Hence I am combining it with Peanut butter and posting it. These two will be counted as one. Now I have to deal with my family who has got used to new and tasty treats every other day. I never imagined my resolution and blog will have such a side effect :-).
        Peanut Butter: my husband loves it and he missed it in India. So we decided to google the recipe.  I cannot believe its so simple. On a trial basis we made a very small quantity now but will make it again in a larger quantity. Sharing both the recipes here:

Recipe: Crunchy Peanut Butter  
Ingredients:
Handful of peanuts
Oil: 1-2 table spoon (preferably groundnut oil)
Salt: a pinch/ as per your taste
Honey: ~1 table spoon

Method:
1.Coarse grind about 30% of the peanuts , put them aside. These will make the 'crunchy' part of the peanut butter.
2.Fine grind remaining  peanuts. Add salt, honey and oil.
3.Grind again into a fine paste. You may need to add a little more oil and honey to this if the paste appears too dry. 
4. Mix in crunchy peanuts from step 1. Crunchy Peanut butter is ready!



Recipe: Bhindi Masala  
Ingredients:
Bhindi (lady's finger)chopped bite size: 1/2 kg
Onions chopped: 2
Tomato chopped: 1
Ginger Garlic paste: 1/2 tsp
Green chillies: 2-3
Amchoor powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya poweder (coriander powder): 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi : 1/4 tsp
Fresh coriander to garnish
Oil: 1+1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add chopped bhindi to it. Cook uncovered for about 5-7 mins till its tender. Add amchur powder to the bhindi and mix. This avoids bhindi from getting sticky. Cook bhindi for a few more mins.
2. Heat 1 tbsp in a pan. Add green chilies and onion and fry till its golden. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till its fragrant. Add chopped tomato. Cook till the tomato is tender and becomes pulpy.
3. Add Garm masala powder, Dhaniya powder and salt  to the cooked onion- tomato gravy.
4. Add cooked bhindi to the above masala and mix well. Keep it on a low heat for 4-5 mins. Add Kasuri methi and mix. Take off from heat and serve with fresh coriander.

        Wow a lengthy post! I think that the reader may be interested in reading the recipe more than my monologue hence I don't write long posts. I add my own little snippets at the end. I have never been a lengthy writer ( I scored well in exams where I was expected to solve problems or multiple choice question formats but not so much in theoretical papers. I think examiners considered me lazy:-)).


        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments