Saturday, March 9, 2013

32. Idly Burger

Source:
Final Outcome: Very good!

        Here comes part 2 of leftover idlies. My mom shallow fried the leftover idly when we were kids. This idly burger is inspired by that.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Idlies leftover: as many burgers as you want. I used 5.
Potato: Cut into thin circular cuts (I used 10 slices, 2 for each burger).
Italian seasoning: 1/2 tsp
Paprika or Chile powder (I used paprika): 1/4th tsp
Cheese slices: 1/2 slice per burger
Salt
Oil

Method:
1. Cut idly into half (circular) in such a way that you have 2 thinner idlies out of one idly.
2. Shallow fry these idlies in oil till they turn golden brown.
3. Fry potato slices until they are cooked. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, paprika and salt over it.
4. Place one slice of idly at the bottom. Place 2 potato slices over it. Place cheese slice over it. Place another idly slice over it to finish the burger. Serve with ketchup.

        I am planning another resolution to go with this one. Will declare it once my leg recovers from the fall. There is a pasta coming up next. After that I plan to make some desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments